Sunday, June 8, 2014

Lori Foster Reader and Author Get together Recap

I've been going to Lori Foster Reader and Author event for about 5 years now. I actually started going before I was published. It was the first I ever went to and it holds a special place in my heart. This year was no different.
I can't even begin to list all of the wonderful people I personally reconnected with, but I'll hit some hi-lights.
Kimberly Hill and Mayas Jamarla Sanders went into cahoots to make me these and I almost cried I was so touched.

 It's all the covers from my Lost and Found series books on coasters!

Then the readers made memory books to have signed by the authors and I thought these were so cute!


The staff at the Marriot was cracking us up. There were two waiters checking out the cardboard cutouts of the models and when we egged them on, the one guy had to tweak the model's nipples. Too funny!



And finally, a few more pics.

Kris Calvert, Mayas Sanders, Bruce McDonald, Robyn Peterman, Donna McDonald and myself

Kris Calvert, Mayas and I

Kim Hill and I


Kris making a face at something Donna said.



The event always sells out super fast. This year I heard it had sold out in an hour and a half. But it is well worth the effort to stalk the sign-up page. The ratio of authors to readers is about 100 to 400, so very reader heavy. It's scheduled very nicely and everything runs the way it is supposed to. There's a wonderful benefit raffle every year and this year I heard we raised over $17,000 for a Children's charity!

SO, if you ever get the chance, check out the Reader Author event! It's well worth the trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment