So, in honor of Mr. Letterman and the vacuum he will create with his leaving the Late Night program, here's another one of my Top Ten lists.
TOP TEN REASONS NAVY SEALS ARE BETTER THAN COWBOYS:
9. The hats are smaller, they can get dirty, and have cool patches like Punisher, (Hello Punisher for the ladies), skulls and crossbones.
8. Hard to jump from 13,000 feet on a horse, even if he's riding in to save the day.
7. He's equipped with high powered scopes, rifles and night vision goggles that would look funny on a cowboy.
6. Navy SEALs kill swamp things. They don't make them into boots.
4. SEALs have cool tats.
3. If there's trouble in the world, he'll be in the middle of it. He loves danger.
2. A SEAL can't tell you where he's been, and that's okay.
And the No. 1 reason a Navy SEAL is better than a cowboy?
A Navy SEAL can also be a cowboy, but not necessarily the other way around.
Now, I suspect Cat Johnson, J.M. Madden and others will have something to say about this list, so I lay down the challenge. You know I love them all, but my heart and soul will always belong to the SEALs and what they do for you and I every day.
Join Sharon and several of her writing buddies in upcoming anthologies this summer. Enjoy your ride and come play with us!