Monday, March 30, 2015

Kaylea's First Military Gala

On the weekend I got to attend my first ever military gala and it was AWESOME! My uncle Kev is a captain in a reservist armored unit here in B.C. and he invited my hubby and I to attend this year's event.
I wore a camo scarf with my evening gown, and pinned it in place with my grandfather's WWII regimental pin. I think he'd have been tickled.

This being the 70th anniversary of VE Day, there was a WWII theme, complete with the orchestra playing 40s music, which is my favorite and what I write to all the time. There were military bagpipe bands and swing dancers to entertain us throughout the evening.


But my two favorite moments were the Toast to the Fallen, and then I was proud to be on my uncle's arm during the Grand March through the ballroom. I was even introduced to two lieutenant colonels and one brigadier general in the Canadian forces. A great night had by all!

Hope I get invited back next year.

Kaylea ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment